I'm normally not one for all-out girliness and conservatism, but for the recent Fashion Bloggers Do It Better event, I decided to give in to my curiosity for pleated skirts. I found that it can be challenging to make pleated skirts feel fresh and youthful; despite the fact that they are great for accentuating the waist, they are still covering a large portion of the body. Pleated skirts can also easily suck stylers into the "costume" trap.
This Vintaj Mahal vintage navy blue skirt synched my waist perfectly, so taking away from such a great fit would diminish the whole look's appeal. So I avoided blazers, bulky crop tops and layers, and instead went with a light, sleeveless top. I added bright pops of color with my accessories to give an edge of youthfulness, while pairing the assemble with nude heels to elongate what was left of my legs.
Check out the outfit breakdown below and feel free to share comments:
- Vintage navy blue pleated skirt via Vintaj Mahal.
- White sleeveless top with chiffon overlay and ruffled bow detail from Forever 21.
- Nude classic-inspired heels by Xappeal from Rack Room Shoes.
- Magenta genuine snake skin belt via Vintaj Mahal.
- Teal textured clutch via Vintaj Mahal.
- Pink and magenta snap bracelet, vintage gold earrings and gold fox ring via various flea markets.